Airbag Sensor Sealing
DELO KATIOBOND Key Features
- Light-activated versions can be used in opaque applications
- Very fast curing to minimise process costs
- Epoxy base ensures dry surface after cure
- Excellent chemical resistance
- One-part, ideal for manual or automated processing
Airbag sensors are enclosed in plastic to provide resistance to oil, fuel and various solvents. The sensor housing, usually made from PBT, needs to be sealed against these same media, and because of the large volumes manufactured, a fast-curing adhesive is required. DELO KATIOBOND is the material-of-choice as it meets all these requirements, as well as providing excellent adhesion.
The adhesives cure in seconds, resulting in very short cycle times. Once cured, they meet all automotive requirements such as temperature cycling, thermal shock, vibration testing, 85°C / 85%RH, etc.
Tel: +44 (0)1264 334505
Adhesives for Automotive Bonding, Joining and Sealing Applications
Automotive, Transport, High Reliability
Available from Inseto in the United Kingdom & Ireland