Ultrasonic Battery Bonder: Asterion EV™
Asterion EV™ Key Features
- Automatic large area wedge bonder for battery production
- Ultrasonically bonds wires and ribbons
- Faster cycle time with direct-drive XYZT motion system
- High quality bonding and insitu process monitoring capabilities
- Large bondable area 300 x 860 mm
- Standalone or automated inline configurations
The Asterion-EV™ ultrasonic battery bonder provides an extended bondable area for battery production, whilst utilising the proven architecture from the Asterion platform. With hundreds of systems installed worldwide, the Asterion EV ultrasonic battery bonder is capable of bonding a wide range of battery types, including cylindrical cell and prismatic systems.
In addition to the larger bonding area, features include advanced pattern recognition capabilities and extremely tight process controls. Together, these deliver exceptional productivity, bonding quality and reliability.
The enlarged bondable area also enhances flexibility and reduces line integration costs. The Asterion battery bonder is driven by a precise direct-drive motion system that requires minimum maintenance and delivers high control and repeatability.
The graphical editor, multi-segmented bonding, global parameter change and a library of advanced software features, make programming and optimizing bonding processes, quick and easy.
KnS Asterion-EV™ Battery Wedge Bonder, system features:
- Bond cylindrical cell or prismatic batteries and packs
- Ultrasonic bonding of 125-500 micron diameter aluminium wire
- Ribbon bonding capability from 500 x 100 to 2000 x 300 microns in cross-section
- Manual Load, multi-device and multi-lane material handling configurations
- Intuitive graphical user interface for quick and easy programming
- On-board bond process monitoring & SPC reporting: factory 4.0
- Automatic loop control option
- High speed, high precision, high quality bonding
- Extensive process know-how
See our “Knowledge Base Document” for a review of the materials, production considerations and equipment capabilities required for wire bonding battery connections.
Tel: +44 (0)1264 334505
Wedge bonding of wire or ribbon into battery cells and packs
Battery, Automotive, Industrial
Kulicke & Soffa (K&S) Website
United Kingdom, Ireland & Scandinavia/Nordic Regions: Finland, Sweden, Norway & Denmark