SB6/8 Gen2 Wafer Bonder
SB6/8 Gen2 Key Features
- SB6 Gen2: Irregular pieces up to 150mm wafers
- SB8 Gen2: Irregular pieces up to 200mm wafers
- Bond-Force up to 20kN and Temperature up to 550°C
- Precision Temperature Control and unrivalled Uniformity < 1.5%
- Fast Heating / Active Cooling = Reduced Process Cycle
- Ergonomic, Contamination Free Wafer Loading
- Semiautomatic operation for high Repeatability & Reproducibility
- Chamber pressure from 5 x 10-5mbar to 3bar absolute
- Various tooling options to cover a wide range of applications
- Open and Closed Fixtures & Centre Pin options for Fusion Bonding
- Multi-Bond Fixtures for stacks and multiple wafer sizes
The SB6/8 Gen2 from SUSS Microtec is the state of the art universal wafer bonder for substrates, irregular pieces and wafers up to 200mm in diameter. Supported bonding processes include: Adhesive Bonding, Anodic, Eutectic or Fusion Bonding, Glass Frit processes and Temporary Wafer Bonding.
The semiautomatic system takes over from the operator once the wafer bond fixture is placed on the machine to automatically load the fixture into the bond chamber, protecting the operator from hot surfaces and pinch points while simultaneously avoiding contamination and variation in processing through human error.
The highly accurate temperature and force control technology within the SB6/8 Gen 2 provide unrivalled uniformity to the bonding process, making the SB6/8 Gen 2 the ideal system for Research & Development. Applications include MEMS device fabrication, advanced packaging, 3D integration and photonic systems manufacture.
The SB6/8 Gen2 is suitable for both packaging as well as structuring; meeting the requirements for advanced packaging, LED, MEMS, and 3D integration.
XB8 Wafer Bonder
XBS200 Wafer Bonder
Wafer Coating – Developing
Knowledge Base Articles
Semiconductor Wafer Selection Guide (IKB-046)
Semiconductor Wafer Description Nomenclature (IKB-044)
Tel: +44 (0)1264 334505
UV Lithography, Wafer Bond Alignment, Wafer Bonding
Wafer level chip-scale packaging, flip chip packaging, bumping, MEMS, LED, power devices, optical components and compound substrates and other semiconductor related device R&D applications
SÜSS MicroTec Website
United Kingdom and Ireland