Knowledge Base Fact Sheet
MPP & KnS Manual Workholder Setup (IKB-006)
Workholder Setup: Adjusting the correct working height for a Micro Point Pro (MPP) or Kulicke and Soffa (K&S) manual wire bonder workholder.
Workholder Setup: Height Adjustment and Setup
- Apply power to the bonder and wait for the machine to initialise.
- Set the LOOP value to 1.
- Remove the work-holder from the bonding area.
- Press and release the chessman button (bonding button) to bond in free air; this will move the bond-head downwards to the loop position.
- Hold the work-holder static in the middle and by rotating the base the height can be adjusted.
a. Rotate clockwise to raise workholder height.
b. Rotate anti-clockwise to lower workholder height.
- Rotate workholder anticlockwise fully to lowest position.
- Load workholder (with product to bond).
- Position workholder under the bonding tool.
- Looking through the microscope raise work holder until lowest bonding surface is just touching the tool.
- Press the RESET button, the machine will now initialise.
- Increase the LOOP parameter to a higher value (4 – 5) to ensure good clearance above product.
- The work holder height is now setup correctly.
Workholder Setup: Troubleshooting
- Problem: – The work-holder will not move in any direction (upwards or downwards).
- Resolution: – The spring grub screws are too tight, loosen all 3 grubs screws slightly until rotation is possible.
For further information on our range of MPP Manual Wire Bonders, please click HERE.
28 April 2017
IKB006 Rev. 3